Are you tired of how your bathroom looks like? It may be time to go for a new vibe altogether by having a complete remodel. In this article, we will show you the best ideas for amazing bathroom reconstruction.
There are some new and exciting bathroom remodeling trends that are making all the waves this year, which can serve as a great source of inspiration for you and your contractors.
What are the bathroom trends for 2020?
Most modern bathroom renovation ideas often feature a lot of open space. From a dramatic powder room to a master bath with a high bathroom tub and different sink, here are the best bathroom design trends for 2020:
- The Subway tiles – the subway tile has made a wonderful comeback, being installed usually above the sink in the powder room and bathroom. Having your wall space lined with these tiles gives the whole bathroom a clean and modern feel, staying true to minimalism which is also a hot trend with lifestyle and home spaces.
- Double vanities – “his and her’s” style of sinks and vanity design is perfect for the master bathroom in your home. These also work as additional bathroom storage spaces with more cabinets and individual drawers – making them both elegant and practical.
- Pedestal sink – this sleek, free-standing bathroom sink gives a modern feel to the master bath in your home bathroom.
- High bathroom tub – the high tub usually becomes the highlight in any bathroom space. They are often paired with a mismatched, differently colored bathroom sink for those with a modern style, while the high white tubs give a classic, minimalist look.
DIY Bathroom Remodeling
It might seem impossible in Los Angeles or New York, but you can have a bathroom remodel done at a cheap price. You do not have to buy a new sink or tub for your bathroom space or splurge on expensive interior design ideas.
The cheapest way to execute a successful bathroom remodel is by doing it yourself. Here are some ideas that can help:
- Repainting: You can refurbish the master bath by repainting the vanity cabinets, any storage space, and the door interior.
- Make the bathroom space seem larger: Add mirrors and bring down walls to create more space (or the illusion of it!). Most of the budget for a new bathroom interior design usually goes to the labor cost that’s why doing the renovations yourself can reduce your expenses.
- Add accent pieces: Placing little bathroom fixtures like indoor plants, candles, and small vases are great interior design ideas that will save you a lot of money.
- You can also remodel bathroom essentials like the sink or tub in your bathroom space by replacing just the faucets with a more elegant fixture.
You have to set out a clear budget and work around it to be able to remodel a bathroom or master bath for let’s say, $5,000. Make sure you purchase good quality bathroom items and follow our tips on how to spruce up your space yourself so you won’t have to hire someone to do the bathroom and overall interior design.
If you have a specific design in mind and the whole redesign process is really just too much to handle, the best way to get the bathroom of your dreams is to hire a professional contractor to manage the project. Several fantastic bathroom reconstruction companies can help you through this journey. With their help, you can share your vision and goal for your bathroom, and they will bring it to life in the most detailed and professional way.